Low carbon lifestyle calls for involvement from individuals of all levels, communities, government offices and private businesses to support low carbon development in Iskandar Malaysia, giving a minimum impact to the environment without compromising the quality of life.
The low carbon lifestyle action is the third-largest contributor to emission reduction in Iskandar Malaysia. It contributes about 2,727 ktCO2eq in total emission reduction.
The Green Community Programme aims to encourage communities in Iskandar Malaysia to embrace low carbon lifestyle through water and electricity saving and waste reduction.
Nevertheless, although various programmes and platforms have been created and implemented, there is a continuous need to enhance awareness on LCS and the promotion of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) to the public.
That’s where the Green Living & Actions Short Movie or GLAM Challenge comes in.
The challenge calls for you to share your understanding of low carbon society or showcasing your low carbon activities or initiatives through short videos.
To help everyone out, we will publish weekly information on low carbon lifestyle and SDGs (in this page and also in our social media platforms) so that you understand these topics better.
You will also find the rules and regulations to this challenge at the bottom of this page.
Learn about Low Carbon Society and The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Golas (SDGs)
Week 1 – What is Low Carbon Society & The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
Click on the photos below to enlarge.
Rules & Regulations for GLAM
- GLAM Challenge by Iskandar Malaysia – Green Living and Actions short Movies Challenge (“the Contest”) is organised by Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) (“the Organiser”).
- The competition starts from 25 August 2020 and the closing date for submission is 30 November 2020.
- Entries received after 30 November 2020 (or such extended closing date determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organiser) or are damaged, corrupted, incomplete or illegible will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- The Contest is open to ALL Malaysian citizen, age 18 and above, residing in Malaysia ONLY (“Eligible Participants”). Citizen age below 18 need to have their parents or guardian’s permission to participate in the Contest.
- Employees of the Organiser, its affiliates and/or related companies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- All submissions must be uploaded on participant’s personal YouTube account and the video link must be inserted in the https://forms.gle/YSc8ev6xsALEUDru9
- All video must include this information:
- Title of competition
- Title of video submission
- Video format- WMV, MOV, AVI
- Video Resolution – minimum 720p
- Video content:
- Highlight personal experience and understanding in various environmental areas such as low carbon society, climate change, SDGs.
- The video can be in the following format- infographic, live action, animation, multimedia etc.
- Video is original, unique, enhances the message and creative.
- Each entry must not more than 3 minutes duration.
- The video must be presented or display subtitles in English or Bahasa Malaysia.
- Videos that do not meet the above requirements may be disqualified as determined at the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- Entries will be judged equally based on (A) Creativity; (B) Originality; and (C) Appropriateness to the Theme. Judges’ decision is final, conclusive and binding. No further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, modify suspend or delay the Contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the contest period at any time without any prior notice to any party whatsoever. Unless otherwise varied to the contrary by the Organiser, any participation in the Contest during the extended period (if any) shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions set out herein which shall remain in full force and effect at all times.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the contest mechanisms, withdraw or terminate this Contest at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notices to any person.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time as it deems fit.
- All entries must be the Eligible Participants’ original works and no part or component thereof is copied from any other work or material.
- Entries must not have been submitted to any other contests/competition/film festival before.
- Entries that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, illegal, offensive, religious or anti-religious or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material should not be submitted and the Organiser reserves the right to remove or demand the Eligible Participant to remove such entry at any time in the Organiser’s sole discretion.
- By submitting a video entry to the Contest, Eligible Participants confirm that they are the legal and/or beneficial owner or otherwise have the intellectual property rights to submit such materials; and therefore warrant that they have obtained rights in incorporating copyrighted materials i.e. music, soundtrack, audio, graphics, images and video clips in their video entry. Each entry and any part thereof shall not at any time infringe or violate any laws or the rights of third party.
- Entries must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third-party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or services.
- Eligible Participants grant IRDA an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, unlimited license to use their submission, including all intellectual property contained therein, without notification or consent. By submitting the entries, the producers and owners of the entries are to grant the Organiser exclusive rights of the copyright to use the entries or material submitted for library, promotional, or commercial use globally.
- By entering the Contest, Eligible Participants shall agree to appear in internet, videos, photographs, write-ups which may be used in advertising (any form of media) or other materials by the Organiser. Eligible Participants shall not be entitled to any payment for such use, or for any re-use; and acknowledge that all copyright, including the right to reproduce likeness or image shall belong to the Organiser absolutely; and to release and discharge the Organiser from any claims in relation to the Organiser’s use of likeness or image.
- All costs and expenses in connection with the production of the entry and the participation of this contest shall be fully borne by the Eligible Participants.
- The Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any loss in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to the following:
- Any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in receiving and sending the entry as a result of any network, communication or system error, interruption and/or failure experience by the participating internet line and/or resulting from participation or the downloading of any materials in the Contest. In the event of such error, interruption and or failure, the Organiser will not be responsible or liable for any failure by any Eligible Participant to participate in the Contest at any time.
- Any problems, expenses, damages, losses, suits and claims of whatsoever nature against any Eligible Participants that may arise from or in connection with their participation in the Contest and/or display of Eligible Participants’ entries.
- Any error (including error in notification of Contest winners), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, internet line failure, theft, destruction of, or unauthorized access to entries, PC hang whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- By participating in this Contest, all Eligible Participants hereby warrant that all statements personal details given are true, correct, accurate and complete and that they have read and understood all the Terms and Conditions of this Contest and agree to be unconditionally bound by it.
- By participating in this Contest, all Eligible Participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable legal fees that may be arise from or in connection with the Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice and the Eligible Participants will be bound to such changes.
- The Organiser reserves the absolute right to disqualify any individual that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in breach or potential breach of this Contest’s Terms and Conditions.
- Any Terms and Conditions applicable to this Contest which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions.
- By providing their personal data, Participants are deemed to have read and understood the Notice under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and Participants also agree and consent that their personal data be used for the purpose as stated in the notice.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed under the laws of Malaysia.
- Contest winners will be notified by email or telephone number and will be published on Iskandar Malaysia website and social media platforms.
- Selection of finalists and winners is within the sole discretion of IRDA and all matters related to this contest are final, and no correspondence thereon will be entertained.
- For further enquiries, please email to GLAM@irda.com.my.