Welcoming Address by Datuk Ismail Ibrahim Iskandar Regional Development Authority Chief Executive at The Iskandar Malaysia Accolades Award CeremonyIskandar Malaysia
Jen Hotel, Puteri Harbour, JB
May 15, 2017
Thank you Mr/Madam Emcee
Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
and a very good evening to
Yang Amat Berhormat Dato’ Mohamed Khaled Nordin
Menteri Besar of Johor
YB Dato’ Haji Azmi bin Rohani
State Secretary of Johor
YBhg Dato’ Sri Mohammed Shazalli Ramly
Managing Director/Group Chief Executive Officer, Telekom Malaysia Berhad
YB Dato’ Kamaruzzaman bin Abu Kassim
President & Chief Executive, Johor Corporation
YBhg Tuan Haji A. Rahim bin Haji Nin,
Mayor, Johor Bahru City Council
YBhg Encik Akmal Ahmad
Chief Operating Officer, Iskandar Investment Berhad
Mr. Eddie Tan
Managing Director, TTIEN Media Group Sdn Berhad
Respected Panel of judges
Members of the media and Distinguished guests
- The Iskandar Malaysia Accolades (TIMA 2016/17) was first announced and launched by YAB Dato’ Mohamed Khaled Nordin, our Menteri Besar of Johor in April 2016 at the 6th Iskandar Malaysia Open Day. It is an initiative organized by IRDA in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of Iskandar Malaysia in 2016.
- This inaugural award was conceived to recognize and reward projects whose practices and implementation are in line with the Iskandar Malaysia vision and objectives specifically in relation to sustainability and social equity.
- TIMA is placed under the Iskandar Malaysia Property Action (IMPACT) group, having its focus on the six dimensions for the Iskandar Malaysia Smart City; namely Smart Environment, Smart Economy, Smart Governance, Smart People, Smart Living and Smart Mobility.
- In realizing the Iskandar Malaysia vision of being a ‘Strong and Sustainable Metropolis of International Standing,’ and its positioning as a smart region, Iskandar Malaysia has always taken the approach of a city that integrates the economy, environment and social inclusiveness.
- I am delighted to note that the best practices manifested throughout the past 10-years in bringing the vision to realization were shared by our remarkable line-up of speakers at the TIMA Forum earlier today.
Ladies and gentlemen,
- As you would have already known by now, the highlight of this event is the award ceremony. Special and unique in its approach; the award takes into account the different viewpoints and varied perspectives of the community, as well as matters of public interest rather than just the views of the project owners.
- TIMA is divided into seven main categories; “Most Balanced Community”, “Most Liveable Residence”, “Most Conducive Workplace”, “Most Happening Place”, “Most Impactful Investment”, “Most Relaxing Environment” and “Value Champion”, The recipients of the awards will also be placed in Iskandar Malaysia’s history books as the first to be recognized for their contributions to the region’s quality of life.
- Moving forward, TIMA will be among the many initiatives that we intend to retain as part of our planned engagements with the investing community to intensify developments across the nine promoted economic sectors in Iskandar Malaysia. These initiatives will be guided by the Iskandar Malaysia Comprehensive Development Plan ii 2014 – 2025, which spells out in detail the strategies devised for the next decade of this enthralling 20-year journey.
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank Iskandar Investment Berhad for their strong support as the main sponsor for the TIMA Forum and Award 2016/17. My heartfelt appreciation also goes to the committee, judges and partners for all the hard work.
- Thank you.